Geosystem

Instruments and software for digital photogrammetry
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 04:07

All times are UTC

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2005, 13:56 

So there are a few problems I observed on Delta :

1. the drawing is disapearing from image wich is very annoing and it is necesary to make an refresh.
2. the stereo drivers should work also with ATI video cards and cards bigger than fx5200.
3. the program should work with any kind of trackball including USB ones.
4. doesn't import colors for layers from autocad drawings. ( or i didn't find the solution ).

When i will remember others i will write again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 22 Sep 2005, 15:15 

<!--QuoteBegin-guardy+Sep 22 2005, 01:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (guardy @ Sep 22 2005, 01:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->
1. the drawing is disapearing from image wich is very annoing and it is necesary to make an refresh.
2. the stereo drivers should work also with ATI video cards and cards bigger than fx5200.
3. the program should work with any kind of trackball including USB ones.
4. doesn't import colors for layers from autocad drawings. ( or i didn't find the solution ).[/quote]
1. Refresh command is available in new versions (<span style='color:blue'>View|Refresh</span>).
2. All professional videocards supporting OpenGL quad stereo option should work. Unfortunatelly we didn't tested the software with ATI videocard (FireGL series), but 3DLabs Wildcat is working properly. Any nVidia Qudro cards requre no additional drivers, but native one. There is a way to obtain the stereo with Geforce 6 cards, see the follwing topic for details:
<a href='http://geosystema.com/eforum/index.php?showtopic=10' target='_blank'>http://geosystema.com/eforum/index.php?showtopic=10</a>
3. Software is working with any pointing devices supported by Windows: movement will control XY coordinates and the wheel is used to control Z coordinate. Additionally you could change Z holding <span style='color:green'>Ctrl</span> button and moving pointing device left and right.
4. Use AutoCAD DWG type instead of DXF. Note that AutoCAD should be installed on the system before using Delta software import/export operations.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 24 Sep 2005, 16:28 

Worked with DWG files,thanks.
When i'm in Stereo mode view refresh is not available and is very anoing to do +/- all the time and a lot of time spent.
The software doesn't work good at all with Logitech tracks, the marble series. With the trackballs on USB port the software recognize it as mouse and move only xy axes. So i think that the software should search on USb port for another device as trackball. When i'm working with serial trackballs i disable them from control panel and its working, but this devices are not on the market from along time, USB ones replaced them.
Also a big problem is that when i use in collect mode the list of layers the image remains on the stereomodel and diseapears only with a +/- action. We must have good time with production and operations like that slows us.
Also I didn't find a solution to deactivate all the symbols from a map.

Thank you for response and sorry for my English.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 28 Sep 2005, 08:42 

guardy, I hope I am not too late with my answer. I have attached Trackman Marble Wheel on USB, together with a mouse. It works fine, make sure you don't have a driver installed from it that gives a special function to the wheel. Let the system detect the device and use those drivers.
For avoiding the layer dialog box you could assign some (unique) letters at the beginning of each layer name and use SHIFT+letter(s) to change layer. I hope that helps you.
Regards,

Alin Chitu
SC Inteligis SRL
Rm. Valcea, Romania
http://www.inteligis.ro

Post subject:
PostPosted: 30 Sep 2005, 15:42 

Hello, thank you very much for response but i have logitech trackballs on PS2/serial port not on USB. My sugestion was in the future software should work with any USB trackballs. The only trackball I have on USB is a Microsoft one, with infrared sensor.

In the meantime i have problems with a4tech trackballs. In the beginning software worked perfect with this kind of trackballs but now seems not. I tried on other workstations but the problem is the same, Z moves only with the scroll of the mouse, trackball is dead, i used several tipes but nothing. Please help because I stoked my work because of this. I made the last updates of the program and also nothing happends, track is good working with other software. In delta is set to handwell and fotswitches. Tried the other two options and still nothing.

Thank you.

Alin.c when i insert and USB track the software see track as a mouse and moves XY axes not Z. Did U used a special function?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2005, 07:34 

Hi. guardy, now I am working with wheels/footswitches (from Geosystem) and I recommend them to you if you want efficiency.
In the beginning I had a PS/2 trackball, too. Works the same, as far as I remember. The only condition for me was that the device had to be detected and installed by Windows. No special functions/drivers. If you have such drivers , make sure they are uninstalled completely.
Other thing (just in case) , if you are in 2d and the wheel performs scroll, don't let this trick you, in 3d should work fine.
Hope you succeed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 03 Oct 2005, 09:26 

Thank you for response but, the mouse is instaled as Microsoft Serial Mouse, the drivers default by windows, i disabled the device in order not to be confound with mouse and it doesn't work. Until now worked fine in this configuration, but for a few days didn't. So i tried on other computers and different operating sistems : nothing. I replaced the track and still nothing, in other stereo software is working perfect.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 04 Oct 2005, 10:47 
Administrator
Administrator

Dear guardy,

A few months ago one of our customers requested a special mode for trackball. They wanted to use a mouse for XY only and then, additionally, a trackball for Z only.
Our problem was that Windows combines all the mice/trackballs input on a very low level. Thus there is no way for an application program to split each input and treat it separately (take xy from mouse and z from trackball).

The only solution that we found is using an old com-port trackball. In this case you have to disable the trackball in Device Manager (to hide it from Windows) and then use Delta with special TBL.DLL that was written by us to provide direct access to the trackball (to convert its output to Z movement).

I do not know if this is your case. If yes, then please check if you have the TBL.dll in your Delta folder.
(you can download it at <a href='http://www.vingeo.com/update/bin/TBL.dll' target='_blank'>http://www.vingeo.com/update/bin/TBL.dll</a>)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 05 Oct 2005, 13:17 

Special thanks for the file, that was the solution and everything is going perfect. I know that the trackball for Z can be used only in com port (serial) and disabled because otherwise it is confound with the mouse. But, as you know devices on serial port are no longer on the market, what a company can do without?
I will write the bugs for this program because i want it to develop and i trust it can be a better one.

So, now i'm asking you if the problem of the drawing dissapearing from the image is from the software or it is a setting for the videocard? It is very dificult to make always zoom in order to refresh the drawing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2005, 05:42 

<!--QuoteBegin-guardy+Oct 5 2005, 01:17 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (guardy @ Oct 5 2005, 01:17 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> So, now i'm asking you if the problem of the drawing dissapearing from the image is from the software or it is a setting for the videocard? It is very dificult to make always zoom in order to refresh the drawing. [/quote]
The problem of dissaperaing vector data while in stereo mode with stereo glasses is described here:
<a href='http://geosystema.com/eforum/index.php?showtopic=3&st=0&#entry19' target='_blank'>http://geosystema.com/eforum/index.php?sho...3&st=0&#entry19</a>

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2005, 08:45 

I observed that if i import a map in dwg format ( in order to have right codes and colors ) to an stereo model, the trackball is not working well ( moves chaotic ) only the scroll of the mouse work fine.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 10 Oct 2005, 10:46 

In the absolute orientation the stereo feature is not working with zscreen, only with stereo glasses. Also in Ged stereo is working after presing 2 of 3 times F9.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2005, 06:08 

Quote:
In the absolute orientation the stereo feature is not working with zscreen, only with stereo glasses. Also in Ged stereo is working after presing 2 of 3 times F9

I tried both stereoglasses and polarizing screen from NUVision and had no problems, except the long delay before the palarizing screen start to work after I turn it on.
I tried StereoGraphics Z-Screen with 3DLabs video card (double monitor configuration) and found no problems with stereo also.

What videocard are you using with your Z-Screen?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 14 Oct 2005, 08:09 

Pny Nvidia Quadro4 750 XGL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 17 Oct 2005, 06:20 

At first, try to install the newer video driver.
By the way, there could be problems if you have installed the nVidia stereo3d driver. Uninstall it to prevent problems.

To start using stereoglasses/polarized screen in <span style='color:blue'>Models|Absolute orientation</span> use <span style='color:green'>Escape</span> key to exit measurement mode and set <span style='color:blue'>Control|OpenGL</span> glasses option. Use <span style='color:blue'>Capture</span> or <span style='color:blue'>Continue</span> button to start measurement mode.

Profile E-mail