Geosystem

Instruments and software for digital photogrammetry
It is currently 19 Mar 2024, 07:00

All times are UTC

Post subject: Delta/Digitals FAQ (for beginners)
PostPosted: 16 May 2005, 11:18 
Administrator
Administrator

This topic accumulate basic issues on how to start to work with the software

Last edited by Sergey Oleynik on 08 Jun 2006, 16:44, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 23 Sep 2005, 07:21 

Why don't I see vector objects when navigating over photos in stereo mode using stereo glasses/screen?

The delayed vector data over raster option in always on when you use stereoglasses supplying the smooth scrolling of the photos. This option controls the vector data refresh. Vector is refreshed after you haven't chanage the position of the floating mark for some time. It is possible to change the refresh interval. Use Tools|Options|Hardware|Autorefresh delay option for this. Specifying little value will result in bad perfomance especially if you have much vector data.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2005, 09:51 

I put the value as small as possible but the drawing still disapear from the image, and i could not work without seeing the rest of the vector. Is there any other solution?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 06 Oct 2005, 15:52 

guardy wrote:
I put the value as small as possible but the drawing still disapear from the image, and i could not work without seeing the rest of the vector. Is there any other solution?

What is version of Digitals you use (see build date at the top of the window)?
Note that the vector won't refresh until you stop mouse/trackball movement. From that moment specified time interval is counted and if there is no movement vector data is refreshed. This is the best solution to get smooth scrolling of the raster images.
I think the optimal value of refresh interval is 0,5 - 1 second for the most cases.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 07 Oct 2005, 07:59 

The build is 03.10.2005, and i'm making constant updates. Why don't you use ecw images, the quality is good and the dimension is small? With at least 1G of memory the refresh will be perfect. With the jpeg compresion on edit how much of the quality of the pictures will be lost?

Post subject:
PostPosted: 12 Oct 2005, 15:59 

We consider ECW or Jpeg2000 not a good alternative to Jpeg compression, because of speed. Jpeg is several times faster than the other ones.
Sometimes 2 images with pyramids don't fit in 1 Gb and this could cause very slow refresh. But if you don't use "Load whole raster to memory" Jpeg compression is ideal for stereo viewing.
Usually we use 90% for Jpeg compression. In this case the file size is reduced approximates by 3-5 times without visible loss of image quality.

We are going to implement import/export functions for ECW and Jpeg2000 format, but to store images, not to work in stereo. At the moment you could use other freeware programs for this, such as IrfanView or others.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject:
PostPosted: 29 Nov 2005, 10:28 

Hello, i want to know, if it is posible, if your team could recomend the optimized configuration that works great with Delta. I'm asking that because on my P4 ( 2.4 GHZ, HT, 1G DDRAM, intel 865Perl dual Channel, Nvidia Quadro 750XGL, 80GB Seagate SATA hard disk ) when the drawing goes bigger the sistem is slowing down verry much and it is difficult to have a smal refresh time. Thank you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: 27 Jan 2006, 09:09 

guardy wrote:
when the drawing goes bigger the sistem is slowing down verry much and it is difficult to have a smal refresh time. Thank you.

There are the other ways to make the refresh faster.
At first, try to use draft view (View|Draft) and deselect Show centers button on top tool panel.
Futhermore, you could hide some layers. Use Map|Layers, select necessary layers and select Hidden from Layer state group.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: I have problem plotting the vector data over the raster
PostPosted: 23 Dec 2006, 09:11 

When I print scanned raster map together with vector data the vector data are printed displaced. At the same time vector position on the screen is correct.

Please note that Delta software adjust the vector data according to raster orientation when showing on the screen. But this is impossible when printing because North direction on the paper has to be fixed. And if scanned raster has some rotation (as it usually is) there is can be some displacement.
Thus the raster has to be ortho transformed if you want to print it together with vector.

Use the following steps to make an ortho image (see the context help for details):

1. Define a map frame which will be used to determine the new raster dimensions (Map|Define frame, Map|Frame selected or Map|Properties).
2. Use Ortho|Create... command to create a blank raster for ortho transformation.
3. Select the map frame and use Ortho|Transform selected command.

Use the ortho image when printing/plotting.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Delta/Digitals FAQ (for beginners)
PostPosted: 11 Jan 2010, 17:05 

How to use a Dome Roof tool for buildings? I have followed the steps that are outlined in "Construction orders for builings" but without success. The same fi for "tower" tool.

Profile E-mail